Data Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting our web site. We take the protection of your data seriously. We are processing data collected during your visit at our web site in accordance with applicable data protection regulations, particularly in accordance with the German Telemedia Act (TMG), European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
This Data Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with the information, which non-personal and personal data we collect during your visit at our web site or during the usage of our online offerings, and how the collected data will be processed and used by us.
With the usage of our web site you declare your consent to the collection and usage of data described below. In the event that you do not approve the described collection and usage of data, you are not allowed to use our web site.
2. Responsible authority and data protection officer
Person in charge according to Article 4 (7) of the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
GMP-Verlag Peither AG
represented by the authorized executive Barbara Peither
Tel.: +49 (0)7622 66686-70
Fax.: +49 (0) 7622 66686-77
(see our website imprint)
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address, amended with the addition “Der Datenschutzbeauftragte”.
Please contact our data protection coordinator for any questions at Bettina.Bluhm@gmp-verlag.de or at our postal address.
3. Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Hereafter we are informing you about the collection of personal data, when using our web site www.gmp-publishing.com, including subpages (subsequently called “web site”). Personal data include all data relating to you as a person, such as name, address, email addresses and user behavior.
(2) When contacting us by email or contact form, the data communicated by you (your e-mail address, your name and, if applicable, your telephone number and company name) is stored by us to answer any questions you may have. Data that is collected in this context is deleted by us, if storage is not required anymore, or we will limit the processing, if legal retention periods exist.
(3) If we refer to mandated service providers for single functions of our offering, or if we want to use your data for business purposes, we will inform you about the according operations as detailed below. In doing so, we will also indicate the established criteria of the storage duration
4. Your rights
(1) Concerning your personal data you have the following rights with us:
- right of access to information, Article 15 GDPR
- right to rectification or erasure, Article 16 and 17 GDPR
- right to restriction of processing, Article 18 GDPR
- right to object to processing, Article 21 GDPR
- right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR.
(2) Furthermore you have the right to complain about us at a privacy supervisory body about the processing of your personal data. For example you can contact the supervisory body stated subsequently: The state representative of Baden-Württemberg for Privacy and Freedom of Information, Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart, https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de
5. Collection of personal data while visiting our web site
(1) Informatory usage of the web site only, meaning if you do not register or transfer information otherwise, we only collect personal data, that your browser transfers to our server. If you want to view our web site, the following data is collected by us, data that is technically required for showing our web site to you and for ensuring stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1), S 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address - Date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (dedicated page)
- access status / HTTP status code
- transferred data volume for each transfer
- web site that issued the request
- operating system and user interface
- language and version of the browser software.
6. Usage of blog functions
In our blog, where we publish different posts about topics related to our activities, you can post public comments. Your comment in the post is published with your stated user name. We recommend the use of a nickname instead of your real name. Specification of user names and email address is required; any additional information is voluntary. If you post a comment, we will continue to store your IP address. For us, storage is required in order to be able to defend ourselves against liability claims in cases of possible publication of illegal contents. We require your email address in order to be able to contact you in case a third-party claims that your comment is illegal. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. b und f, GDPR. Comments are not verified before publication. We reserve the right to delete comments, if third-parties claim that they are illegal.
7. Usage of our web shop
(1) If you wish to order in our webshop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you provide your personal data that we need for the processing of your order. Mandatory information necessary for the execution of the contracts is marked separately, further details are voluntary. We process the data provided by you to process your order. For this we can pass on your payment data to our house bank and, where applicable, to the payment service providers stated in section 4 below. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. b GDPR. You can voluntarily create a customer account; through which we can save your data for later purchases. Opening an account is mandatory in case of subscriptions, because it is used to provide the subscriber with download links for updates. If you create an account under "My Account", the data you provide will be revocable. Furthermore, we can process the data stated by you, to inform you about additional interesting products from our portfolio, or to submit emails to you including technical information.
(2) Due to commercial and fiscal regulations we are obligated to store your address data, payment data and order date for a period of ten years. However, we apply restrictions to processing after two years, in other words, your data will only be used for adherence to legal obligations.
(3) The order process is encrypted, to prevent unauthorized access of third-parties to your personal data, particularly to your financial data. This is done using the latest state-of-the-art.
(4) For credit card payment we will share your payment data with heidelpay GmbH, Vangerowstraße 18, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany, within the scope of the payment processing. Sharing occurs according to Article 6 (1), lit. b GDPR, and only to the extent required for payment processing. Additional Information is available in the Data Privacy Statement of heidelpay GmbH. These can be retrieved from: https://www.heidelpay.com/de/datenschutz/
8. Usage of our knowledge portals
(1) If you use our knowledge portals, you can log in using your access data assigned by the publisher.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you of our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the subscription to our newsletter, we use what is known as the double-opt-in procedure. This means that, after you subscribe, we will send an email to the email address provided asking you to confirm that you would like to receive the newsletter. In addition, we store your IP addresses and time of logon and confirmation used respectively. The purpose of this procedure is to verify your subscription and to be able to detect a possible abuse of your personal data.
(3) Your email address is the only information required to send you the newsletter. Providing additional, separately marked data is voluntary; such data will be used to address you personally. After we receive your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) For distribution of our newsletter we use the email tool CleverReach®, which is operated by CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede, Germany. For this purpose, your data will also be stored by CleverReach®. CleverReach® offers evaluation features, such as how to open and use the newsletters. Your data will not be distributed to other third-parties, and CleverReach® does not obtain the right to distribute your data. Additional information is available in the data privacy statement of CleverReach® at https://www.cleverreach.com/de/datenschutz/.
(5) You may withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can declare your withdrawal by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact data stated in the imprint.
(6) Please note that we evaluate your user behavior when you receive the newsletter. For this evaluation, the emails we send contain what are known as web beacons or tracking pixels, which are one-pixel image files that are stored on our website or at the service provider stated above and engaged by us. In conducting evaluations, we combine the data mentioned in Section 5 and the web beacons with your email address and individual ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile so that we can tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In doing so, we record when you read our newsletter and which links you click within the newsletter to draw conclusions about your personal interests. We combine these data with actions you take on our website. You can object to this tracking at any time by contacting us using our contact data stated in the imprint. The information will be stored for as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. After you unsubscribe, the data will be erased. This tracking is also not possible, if you have deactivated the display of images in your email program by default. In this case, the display of the newsletter will not be complete and you may not be able to use all functions. If the images are displayed manually, the above mentioned tracking occurs.
10. Usage of SurveyMonkey
(2) Your participation in surveys is voluntary and requires your consent.
(3) Information from the third party can be found here:
Data processing agreements, storage and transmission (EU): https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/de/kb/SurveyMonkey-Data-Transfers-and-EU-Laws#DPA
11. Use of Matomo
(1) Our website and our knowledge portals www.gmp-berater.de, www.eu-gmp-leitfaden.de and www.gmpcadviser.com utilize the web analysis service Matomo, in order to be able to analyze and improve the leverage of the data bases on a regular basis. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Legal basis for the usage of Matomo is Article 6 (1), S. 1, lit. f. GDPR.
(2) We process the following data: The type of browser used, the browser version, the operating system used, the country of origin, date and time of the server request, the number of visits, the time spent on the website, the external links activated and the documents called up.
(3) Cookies will be stored on your computer for this evaluation. The person responsible stores the information collected exclusively on his server in Germany. The evaluation can be set by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use this website to the full extent. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser.
(4) This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. As a result, the IP addresses are processed in shortened form, so that a direct relationship between persons can be excluded. The IP address transmitted by Matomo from your browser will not be merged with other data collected by us.
(5) The program Matomo is an open source project. Third-party privacy information is available at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
12. Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all incorporated in the "extended privacy mode", meaning that you do not transfer data about you as a user to YouTube if you are not playing the videos. The data mentioned in section 2 will be only transferred, when you play these videos. We do not have any control of this data transfer.
(2) When you visit this website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under item 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customized advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information on your corresponding rights and settings options for protecting your privacy:
http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. YouTube is operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
The integration of the videos is for the preservation of our predominantly entitled interests, within the scope of balancing the interests, for the optimal marketing of our offerings according to Article 6 (1) S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(As of 27.07.2020)
In order to fulfil our duty to provide information in accordance with Art. 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP), we would be pleased to provide you with the following information on data protection.
1. Who is responsible for data processing?
The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) is
GMP-Verlag Peither AG
79650 Schopfheim, Germany
Phone: +49 7622 66686-70
Further information about our company and contact details can be found in the imprint of our website.
We have appointed a data protection officer for our company. You can reach Ms. Franziska Malik at firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address with the addition "Die Datenschutzbeauftragte".
2. For what purposes do we collect your personal data and on what legal basis is the data collection based?
If you order from us, it is necessary for the conclusion of a contract that you provide us with your personal data (name, first name, address data, e-mail address, telephone number, if applicable company, department, position), which we need to process your order. This data is also collected when you request an offer from us. The data provided by you will be processed by us within the scope of preparing offers and processing orders. If you want to pay with your credit card, we need and process your credit card details. The legal basis for these purposes is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
We may also process the information you provide to inform you about other interesting products in our portfolio or to send you e-mails with technical information. The legal basis for this purpose is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
If you subscribe to our newsletter(s), you must enter your e-mail address so that we can send you the newsletter(s). Further personal data (name, first name, title) can be given voluntarily. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR. We can evaluate your newsletter usage via an e-mail tool. This is done on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
3. How long is the data stored?
Your personal data will be deleted if they are no longer needed for the above-mentioned purposes.
Personal data that we have stored within the framework of your customer account created on our website will be deleted when you finally delete your access.
Some documents that contain your personal data (e.g. surname, first name, address data on invoices) must be stored by us for as long as there is a legal obligation to do so.
Data collected on the basis of your consent will be deleted as soon as you revoke your consent (e.g. newsletter).
4. To which recipients will the data be forwarded?
We pass on your personal data to third parties (e.g. service providers, suppliers) if this is necessary for the execution of the contract with you or the processing of your order. The legal basis for this transfer is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR. In connection with order processing, the providers of our CRM system and accounting software, our suppliers of Internet and web hosting services and the printers who send our products directly to you (e.g. as part of print on demand) have access to your data. In the context of the newsletter - dispatch and the newsletter - evaluation your data raised for it are passed on to our software supplier. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. If you pay with your credit card in our webshop, your credit card details will be passed on to our credit card company to process the payment. This is done on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
If you place an order with us from the USA or Canada, we transmit the data necessary for processing the order to our office in the United States (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR).
5. Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to be informed about the personal data processed by us as well as a right to rectification, erasure or restriction of their processing. You also have the right to receive the data you provide in a structured, common and machine-readable format. (cf. Art. 15 -20 GDPR). You may object to the processing of your data and complain to the responsible data protection supervisory authority, the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg in Stuttgart, about the processing of your personal data by us.
6. Obligation to provide data
We need your personal data for the purposes listed under point 2. If you do not provide us with the required data, we will unfortunately not be able to process your order or conclude a contract with you.
7. Automated decision making
The processing of your personal data does not involve fully automated decision-making (including profiling) pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR.
(As of January 2020)