PIC/S Work Plan 2019
At the beginning of the year, PIC/S published its annual work plan for 2019. In addition to organisational matters, a new group of experts on veterinary medicines will be set up and the training of inspectors will be further expanded. In the area of harmonisation, PIC/S is actively involved in the revision of the EU GMP guidelines.
The following documents of the EU GMP Guide are currently revised in close cooperation with the PIC/S:
- Chapter 1 Pharmaceutical Quality System
- Chapter 4 und Annex 11 Documentation & Computerised Systems
- Annex 1Sterile Medicinal Products (with WHO)
- Annex 2 Biological Medicinal Substances & Products for Human Use
- Annex 21 Import of Medicinal Products.
These documents are planned to be revised by the PIC/S by the end of this year:
- PE 005-3 & PE 008-3 PIC/S GMP Guide for Blood Establishments (PE 005-3) and PIC/S Guide to Inspections of Source Plasma Establishment and Plasma Warehouses (PE 008-3)
- PE 010-4 PIC/S Guide to Good Practices for the Preparation of Medicinal Products in Healthcare Establishments (to add annex on guidance on Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN))
- PI 006-3 PIC/S Recommendations on Validation Master Plan; Installation and Operational Qualification; Non-Sterile Process Validation; and Cleaning Validation
- PI 011 PIC/S Guidance on Good Practices for Computerised Systems in Regulated GxP Environments
- PI 023-2 Aide Memoire on Inspection of Quality Control Laboratories
- PI 030-1 Aide-Memoire on the Inspection of APIs.
- the PIC/S Guidance on Classification of Deficiencies (PI 040-1) entered into force on 1 January 2019, and
- the Working Group on Data Integrity will review the comments received following the focused public consultation on the draft “PIC/S Good Practices for Data Management and Integrity in Regulated GMP/GDP Environments” (PI 041-1 (Draft 3)
PIC/S Work Plan 2019PIC/S Work Plan 2019